This course is suitable for physiotherapists, sport therapists, sports massage therapists, osteopaths, chiropractors, occupational therapists and lymphoedema therapists. Third/Final year students in these fields are also welcome. You must have completed an approved KT1/KT2 course at least four weeks prior to attending this KT3 course.
Course Overview - 2 Day Course - 7 hours per day
A two-day laboratory workshop with practical applications using Kinesio
Theory and taping techniques will be presented for advanced sports medicine and clinical conditions not covered in KT2. There will also be a discussion session for practitioners to talk about their taping experiences. Participants completing KT3 will be eligible to take the KTA online test to become a Certified Practitioner.
This course will focus on sports rehabilitation and includes: Medial and lateral epicondylitis, thoracic outlet syndrome, rib fractures, myofascial low back pain, skiers thumb, osteoarthritis of the hip, hamstring strain, adductor strain, shin splints, anterior compartment syndrome, ACL issues, osteoarthritis of the knee, knee meniscus issues, knee hyperextension, pes anserinus bursitis, ankle sprains, wrist sprain, fractured ribs. Also core curriculum including shoulder impingement, whiplash/cervical pain and chondromalacia patella. There will also be a study session to discuss problem cases.
NB Prices Exclude VAT
PLEASE NOTE, A NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT OF £50 WILL BE REQUESTED ON RESERVATION FOR THIS TRAINING TO HOLD YOUR PLACE.
Born and educated in Germany, Gudrun is now based in England and is Director of the her own Sports Injury and Lymphoedema Clinic.
Within her clinic, Gudrun treats a wide variety of athletes. She has many years of practical experience in Injury prevention and Rehabilitation and specialises in patients with an amalgamation of highly complex lymphatic disorders.
As a Lymphoedema Specialist, Gudrun is not only trained to treat Humans but she is also trained as an Equine Lymphatic Specialist.
Gudrun was one of the two (Dr Sybille Molle and Gudrun Collins) certified Equine Kinesio Tape Instructors who joined Dr K. Kase to launch the first certified Equine Kinesio Taping Course in Austria in August 2012.
Attend a KT3 course in 2018 &
receive access to the Kinesio CKTP
exam for free (worth £80)
Our advanced KT3/4 training is designed to enhance your KT1/2 skills by introducing EDF (Epidermis, Dermis, Fascia) techniques and more complex clinical taping applications. Following the KT3, you can take the online exam to become a CKTP (Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner). The 2 days covers a variety of applications for sports and orthopaedics, with the following objectives:
KT3 Clinical Taping
- Review the basic concepts of the Kinesio Taping Method
- Explain and apply advanced concepts of the Kinesio Taping Method
- Review epidermis, dermis and fascial anatomy as it is related to Kinesio Taping
- Apply the Kinesio Taping Method to stimulate epidermis, dermis, and fascial response
- Apply the Kinesio Taping Method for Scars
- Apply advanced clinical taping techniques for treatment of the spine and upper/lower extremity dysfunction
KT4 Sports and Orthopaedics
- Common athletic injuries
- Treating overuse issues
- Treating the cause of the symptoms
- Improving clinical condition of the athletes correlated to athletic performance
- Integrating the Kinesio Taping Method into the treatment protocol of an injury from the initial onset of the injury, healing stages, rehabilitation, and return to activity
Venue and Time
Ringwood Health Clinic (Opposite Boots)
16-18 Southampton Road
Time: 9am to 6pm